[TYPO3-core] RFC #Bug: Bring Install Tool skin in line with t3skin

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Sep 21 13:10:36 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hey ernesto and all,

> Ingo, hopefully most of us know you and your temper, not to take your
> "harsh" words too personally.

I hope so too and I hope whoever knows me in person knows how to take
this. For anybody else, apologizes if those words weren't chosen that good!

> Aside from the not so well chosen words to
> describe the problem, I still think it is a matter of taste. The HCI
> team is probably open for other experts like you to join and give their
> comments on stuff they find relevant.

Unfortunately that's another issue, I've tried to become involved with
the team a couple of times now but never got granted membership as, how
Jens puts it "Developers aren't welcome in the team".

> And maybe even "outsiders" could
> join and give their opinion for stuff that is really "ugly".

I'd really appreicate that and would also like to see a more open
approach where we get to choose amongst multiple choices instead of a
"take it or leave it" approach.

> If the process to integrate the colors in the install tool was not well
> reviewed in the HCI team, this is a matter to consider, but is a matter
> for the HCI team and not the core team. I have no problem if more core
> team members would join the HCI team, if they think they can make it
> better, like you seem to imply.

I totally agree with you in these points.

all the best, greetings
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner