[TYPO3-core] RFC #11876: stripSlashesOnArray creates references where you want copies

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 21 10:25:10 CEST 2009

Hi Susanne,

important is that the "Original" and "Original after modification" rows
have the same content. Is that true for you?

If it is, then: what PHP version are you using?

Attached to the bug tracker is a simple PHP file used to test for this
PHP behaviour without the whole "TYPO3 framework". I can expect that it
changed from version to version. I can only confirm that it does what
the bug fixes in 5.2.0 (debian-patched).

Note that this is not a bug in PHP that we are fixing by a workaround,
but a behaviour that is documented in PHP: Read the big red "Warning"
box when using references in a "foreach" loop in PHP doc [1]

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.foreach.php