[TYPO3-core] RFC #11224: Special menu directory only renders 1st level if special.value is a mount point

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Sep 18 15:27:13 CEST 2009

>>> It will be quite hard as the code I modified was already a bit magic
>>> ;-) I made this patch by t3lib_div::debug'ing $this->tmpl->rootline.
>>
>> That's the point, isn't it? It all looks a bit like black magic. I
>> understand the change you're doing, I have tested that it works (in a
>> special = directory menu, but also that it didn't break a normal
>> menu), but I still can honestly only give +1 by testing and not by
>> reading.
>
> Yes, I understand but still I don't know what to do because the original
> code is not commented and I don't know of any documentation for this. If
> you have an idea, great!

Attached are two patches. First one is to "clean-up" existing code where I had to fix the code. It applies CGL and factorize the current menu level by storing

$startLevel + $this->menuNumber

into $currentLevel

instead of having this expression repeated multiple times.

Second patch, the "real" one applies after first patch and fix the bug described.

I hope it will ease the "read" review of this patch.

Thanks.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en