[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11843 Add a reports module

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Sep 17 19:43:09 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann wrote:

Hi Rupi,

> - tx_reports_reports_status_InstallToolStatus has a misleading name. it
> does much more.

it does check the status of the install tool protection, but that's
mentioned in the class' comment.

> - some checks from befunc::displayWarningMessages() are missing

which ones?

> - the installtool reports are - as Masi already mentioned - partly
> useless. eg. If the PHP version doesn't match you'll never see this module.

might be true for this case, but remember that these checks are supposed
to be used in a new installer eventually. Other than that, it might be
usefull to instruct somebody to simply copy and paste the whole table
into a bug report, then the PHP version information might be relevant.

> - why are the reprts wrapped in tables - we have nice div styles for the
> flashmessages, let's use them here too

Because it's tabular data, but you're right about using the flash
messages. That's already the case as the lines use the same styles as
the flash messages (already mentioned in the original RFC message).

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner