[TYPO3-core] RFC #11980: TCEforms suggest defaultreceiver returns array or boolean

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Sep 16 21:28:07 CEST 2009

Hi all,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11980

Branches: trunk

Problem:
To fetch additional records, the following code is executed in
queryTable():
$tmp = self::queryTable($params, ++$recursionCounter);
$rows = array_merge($tmp, $rows);

Unfortunately queryTable() returns false, if no records are found and so
array_merge() fails with PHP warning (stacktrace see BT).

Solution:
So instead of returning FALSE, better return an empty array().

Note:
This happens (I think), if exactly a multiple of 50 possible results exist
and so queryTable() is called again, to fetch more records (as
$allRowsCount >= 50 is checked (and not > 50, but this has to stay I
think)).

Regards
Steffen