[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11965: Content Element Media needs stdWrap to change path (e.g. for DAM)

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Tue Sep 15 23:39:33 CEST 2009

Hey,

this is SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11965

Type: bug, oneliner

There is a great new content element called MEDIA which is great to show
  videos and so on and there is also a RFC (11902) pending here to add
some hooks to it BUT there is one big problem still there: It is not yet
possible to override the file which is used.

A override could be nice for those things:
- DAM: I did already an custom extension which will be merged with
dam_ttcontent when this RFC is through. It makes very much sense to use
DAM here and this is nearly the only way (without rewriting much code)

- Cloud hosting: Especially videos are very often big and should be
delivered fast! So it is *very* easy with stdWrap to switch to a
different content provider to load all videos from there instead from
the TYPO3 webspace.

Solution:
Just add a oneline to enable stdWrap

Additional information:
I really know that there was a feature freeze, beta is near but without
this RFC, I need to XCLASS tslib_content which I really want to avoid!
Thanks for letting it in!

Georg