[TYPO3-core] RFC #11964: TCEforms suggest sometimes uses incorrect permissions to show records

Andreas Wolf typo3ml at andreaswolf.info
Tue Sep 15 21:42:04 CEST 2009

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11964

Branches:
trunk

Problem:

If a record is selected in an offline workspace, the permissions of the
record in this workspace are respected. This is considered a bug, as
TYPO3 core documentation clearly states that only the permissions of the
live workspaces should be respected when checking record access.
Though there are some other open bugs regarding this behaviour (e.g.
0004092), this should be fixed.

Solution:

Just always make a workspace overlay (or use the value of the field
t3ver_oid, if present) before checking access.

Notes:

Doing a full workspace overlay would have seemed more logical here, but
as we definitely need the online uid (as it is shown to the editors in
e.g. alt_doc.php), but we may want to display the changed titles of
records in workspaces, I decided to go for the t3ver_oid solution.

Regards
Andreas