[TYPO3-core] RFC #11927: Use suggest feature in system extensions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Sep 12 14:34:50 CEST 2009

Hi Francois,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> btw - it's strange for me that indexed_search contains table and
>> config that is only available when install crawler, which isn't
>> sysext. Imho both extensions should be merged.
>
> I guess it's the part of indexed search that works with the crawler. Any
> extension can provide a "module" that can be called by the crawler.
> Indexed search and crawler are indeed independent.

are they?
look to ext_tables of indexed_search:
if (t3lib_extMgm::isLoaded('crawler'))	{
	$TCA['index_config'] = Array (
		'ctrl' => Array (
			'title' => 'LLL:EXT:indexed_search/locallang_db.php:index_config',
			'label' => 'title',
			'tstamp' => 'tstamp',
			'crdate' => 'crdate',
			'cruser_id' => 'cruser_id',
			'type' => 'type',
			'default_sortby' => 'ORDER BY crdate',
			'enablecolumns' => Array (
				'disabled' => 'hidden',
				'starttime' => 'starttime',
			),
			'dynamicConfigFile' => t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY).'tca.php',
			'iconfile' => 'default.gif',
		),
		'feInterface' => Array (
			'fe_admin_fieldList' => 'hidden, starttime, title, description, type,
depth, table2index, alternative_source_pid, get_params, chashcalc,
filepath, extensions',
		)
	);
}

So indexed_search has records in TCA which are only usable when crawler
is installed. That's what i ment.

vg Steffen