[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011505: TYPO3 4.3 is slower than 4.2.8 -> re-implement native db caching

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri Sep 11 13:11:31 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> So we have now a lot of IFs to determine the caching mechanism. Codewise
> that doesn't seem to be an improvement.

I agree from the coders point of view. But my customers are not
interested in nice code - they want performance and features.

if you have an idea how to code this nicer without wasting performance
by instantiating lots of objects - let me know.

Can you point me to some docs or
> threads where I can information on why the caching framework is slower
> than the old caching?

have a look at my first post in this thread. It links the related
discussion.

> Is it possible and would it be faster to add the old caching as a
> backend to the caching framework?

no.

greets
rupert