[TYPO3-core] RFC #11798: Remove "Login-error or session timed out" screen

Christopher Stelmaszyk christopher at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 5 21:17:33 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

"Steffen Gebert" schrieb:
> Hint: If you are logged in, session times out (e.g. by deleting session
> cookies :-P) and then click in the module menu and e.g. select page, the
> login screen appears in the frameset (as it's only a http redirect). But
> as soon as BE is loaded, it will automatically break its frameset "jail"
> and zoom to fullscreen.

You are right.
But this problem only occurs, if you were logged in and if you somehow
manage to keep the BE there without the re-login popup coming up. I think
this is a very seldom case. (Is that possible at all?)
The most common case should be, that a user opens his browser window again
after having closed it and then the browser opens the last URLs again. In
that case the browser will load typo3/backend.php. And there you won't get
any frames, because the whole site (backend.php) will be redirected
immediately.

Taking into account that without your patch there always is that ugly error
message I think integrating your solution really is the better choice and
therefore is the way to go.

Christopher