[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11812: [Feature] Resizable Textareas for TCEforms

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Sep 5 00:47:10 CEST 2009

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:42:38 +0200, Steffen Kamper <info at sk-typo3.de>
wrote:

> Anyway, attached v4 has the added copyright and license information Masi
> wanted to have (I talked to Anmial and all is ok)
> I also did some changes on the elastic Textarea - the problem with the
> very long lines should be done now.
> This is the difference to facebook Textareas - there all Textareas have
> a fixed width. That makes it easy to calculate the correct height in the
> invisible div. We have two different kinds of TAs, one with fixed width
> and one without. So i stripped width calculation.
> The new calculated width isn't exact, but all the time below the cursor,
> so it works for all normal text inputs.

+1 by reading and testing

Works perfect in IE6-8 and FF3.5.
In Opera 10 it's still growing while entering very long lines, but I'm
fine with this.

One idea: Could you please add "overflow: auto" to CSS for
textarea.resizable?
This hides (inactive) scrollbars in all IE versions, as long they aren't
needed.

Thanks!
Steffen