[TYPO3-core] RFC #11108: DBAL wildly quotes fields and table names

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Sep 4 21:46:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

>>> I'm testing this patch again and I found a problem with the login
>>> screen/session management (weird!). Investigating where the problem
>>> comes from...
>> FYI, after hours of testing (!) in both Oracle and MSSQL, I managed to
>> get a working solution which I enclosed here.
>>
>> This patch was committed as revision 24017 on DBAL-trunk.
>>
>> For those of you interested into the problem I encountered, here it is.
>
> Oh my...
>
> Masi
>
> PS: Do you know why the session management and no other other parts ran
> into that problem?

Well, it's not the session management in itself but the fact that upon first hit, a few sequences are created when a table needs auto_increment. Sequences allows ADOdb (not DBAL) to make a query in
background first to get a new number and then perform the INSERT for instance. I got this problem after having reset the DB, having gone to install tool, created all tables and an admin user and tried
to connect. In background sequences were created for the session and the rest but as said, it's not related to the session itself.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en