[TYPO3-core] RFC #4405: Bug: SQL errors with foreign_table_where and ###REC_FIELD_*### marker

Andreas andreas at otto-hanika.de
Thu Sep 3 22:52:44 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag, den 05.07.2009, 22:34 +0200 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
> > We could also stick with Steffen Kamper's workaround,
> > CAST('###REC_FIELD_sys_language_uid###' AS UNSIGNED), and close the
> bug
> > report right away - but this workaround has to be documented clearly
> in
> > doc_core_api.
>
> This seems to be really field specific. But another solution would be
> look up the field type in the TCA. If it's numeric cast it otherwise
> replace as-is.

This is very field specific.
Looking up the field type is not specific enough to figure out how to
treat the missing value. The field type only defines the type of the
field but we do not have reliable information regarding the nature of
the field value. This information is not stored in the TCA AFAIK.

IMHO we should stick to Steffen's workaround and mention this in
doc_core_api.

Cheers,
Andreas