[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #7531: TCA displayCond - allow ANDed and/or ORed rulesets

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Thu Sep 3 19:14:16 CEST 2009

Am 03.09.2009 16:25 schrieb Steffen Ritter:
> Ralf Hettinger schrieb:
>> This is an SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: New feature
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7531
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> The TCA key displayCond currently allows only one condition rule. The
>> visibility of a TCEform-field therefore can't depend on more than one
>> condition.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Introduce displayCond rulesets, which are arrays having keys AND and/or
>> OR and are pointing to arrays with elements being single displayCond
>> rules or again displayCond rulesets.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralf Hettinger
>>
> any update here? Multiple TCA Conditions would improove BE-Form building
> quite a lot...

Sorry, I won't be able to have the unit tests ready until Sunday, since
there are more than a couple of combinations for method
isDisplayCondition - so this one will probably stay a RFC for 4.4, if
unit tests turn out to be a requirement.

If you think that isDisplayCondition (after patch:
isDisplaySingleCondition) is to be trusted, I'd think that the function
can be tested quite good without unit tests...

Cheers
Ralf