[TYPO3-core] [FYI] Changed DBAL to svn:externals

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Sep 3 16:14:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> It really would please me not having to send, let's see... a "reminder
>> #1", a "reminder #7", and a "reminder #9".
>>
>> Come on...
>
> I'm not sure exactly what is missing, but "dbal" is now using
> svn:externals at least...

 From my point of view:

- Reading an official "you are now entitled to commit", perhaps with a
summary of what was decided "inside", even if I guess I know the process
- Having management access to DBAL projet on bugs.typo3.org
- According to Sebastian's post: for me it means waiting until
svn:externals point to a tag, even if it won't do any harm if this
update is properly done

In short, just have some official statement that allows me to quietly
enhance DBAL and knowing that I do it "right" as when I read overview of
project's homepage ([1]), it does not seem to have changed a lot. The
same for the associated repository in Forge that still point to the old
repository, making it quite hard for some external person to use DBAL
trunk without digging into some internals of SVN.

Moreover even if the process is quite clear for me, I would like to know
how the release to TER is supposed to work. I heard a lot from what was
planned but since the use of svn:externals (finally), nothing! For me
something was either forgotten (info) or the process is not yet ended...

Cheers

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-dbal

--
Xavier Perseguers