[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Sep 2 14:59:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

Dan Osipov schrieb:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>  > Which "cHash patch" do you mean?
>
> The one Steffen sent at 4:48 (my time I guess) - two posts earlier...
> filename cHash.diff

this one was only to show an API, not the related to this RFC.
I did v3 where i changed it from Francois' v2 patch.

> I mean extensions that generate the cHash themselves by using shortmd5.
> They will not be doing it correctly, and providing an API would still
> force them to change it. I guess the only benefit is that it would save
> them for future changes to the cHash, but I think they should be using
> typolink anyway...

Again this is not part of this RFC. If any extension generates own hash
it does it with own risk. The both extension where it's important are
realurl and crawler, both maintainer (Dmitry and Daniel) are present in
this thread.

Hope confusion is solved.

vg Steffen