[TYPO3-core] RFC #11599: Bug: TYPO3 dies without an error message when the mysql-module for php is not loaded.

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Sep 2 11:31:06 CEST 2009

FYI: Committed the attached patch as follow-up to SVN Trunk (rev. 5880)

With using the t3lib_BEfunc function the TYPO3 logo does not get
displayed in frontend due to the missing BACK_PATH setting. I'm using a
static function in t3lib_timeTrack now.

However, in the long term we should use exceptions for such things. But
as we don't have a globel error/exception handling yet (it's on the 4.3
roadmap), we cannot use it.

olly

--
Oliver Hader