[TYPO3-core] RFC #11599: Bug: TYPO3 dies without an error message when the mysql-module for php is not loaded.

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Sep 2 11:00:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> I wouldn't use a t3lib_BEfunc function in t3lib_db as this would lead
> probably to problems in the FE (or maybe it doesn't now we have the
> autoloader).

don't think so, as it is also used when no database connection is
configured.
But i admit that t3lib_BEfunc isn't the correct place, t3lib_div is a
better one, as this is used from BE and FE.

Everything else could be done in this function like throw exception, so
it's good to have it in a central place.

vg Steffen