[TYPO3-core] RFC #11599: Bug: TYPO3 dies without an error message when the mysql-module for php is not loaded.

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Sep 1 23:52:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 23:18:39 +0200, Christian Kuhn <lolli at schwarzbu.ch>
wrote:

> Attached patch uses a simple die(), this is used in this class at some
> other places, and imho t3lib_BEfunc::typo3PrintError is a bit of a
> misuse at this point.

Why? I'm for nice looking and helpful error messages (sth. like the
following)

t3lib_BEfunc::typo3PrintError('MySQL extension not loaded', 'Your current
setup requires the MySQL extension for PHP. Unfortunately <em>mysql</em>
isn\'t loaded.<br /><br />Please enable this extension in your
webserver\'s configuration or ask your system administrator to do so.');

Just one question: What's with mysqli? I just had some quick tests and
TYPO3 doesn't seem work at all (because of the mysql_pconnect). So we
don't have to consider this, right?

Steffen