[TYPO3-core] RFC #11599: Bug: TYPO3 dies without an error message when the mysql-module for php is not loaded.

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Sep 1 23:18:39 CEST 2009

Hey,

Michael Knabe wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> I ask myself which provider does such mistakes?
> Me (not as a provider but when installing on localhost).
> "apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 mysql-server" does NOT
> install php5-mysql. It took me some time to figure that out.

Something like that happened to me as well, a white page without any
information is not convenient.

Still we should set up a better script checking for dependencies at a
later point like Masi suggested.

I did some minor performance tests with this patch: I didn't see a big
loss, my values where within usual testing variance.

Attached patch uses a simple die(), this is used in this class at some
other places, and imho t3lib_BEfunc::typo3PrintError is a bit of a
misuse at this point.

+1 on reading and testing.

Regards
Christian

BTW:
How to test without killing your system too long on debian:

mv /etc/php5/conf.d/mysql.ini /etc/php5/; apache2ctl restart; sleep 1;
wget http://mydomain/; mv /etc/php5/mysql.ini /etc/php5/conf.d/;
apache2ctl restart; cat index.html