[TYPO3-core] RFC #11599: Bug: TYPO3 dies without an error message when the mysql-module for php is not loaded.

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Sep 1 10:44:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

Michael Knabe wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> I ask myself which provider does such mistakes?
> Me (not as a provider but when installing on localhost).
> "apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 mysql-server" does NOT
> install php5-mysql. It took me some time to figure that out.

I remember having had the same problem while setting up my Oracle env.
(before actually configuring it). It was tricky enough to fix issues and
understanding the different reasons a blank page may occur not to loose
time with such basic misconfiguration which btw was not as I did not
need mysql at all...

Thanks for the patch. I'm +1 by reading and having made sure (by
double-checking) that it works with DBAL in place.

+1 by reading.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader