[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11836: Remove final from classes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Sep 1 09:06:40 CEST 2009

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> The final keyword is used solely for classes that have only static
>> functions and should therefore not be instantiated at all. Technically
>> you could extend them, but it makes little sense to do so.
>
> I disagree.
> It happened quite a few times that we needed to patch (ergo xclass)
> befunc or t3lib_div.
>
> So I bascially welcome this patch.

You cannot XCLASS t3lib_div, exactly because people call it statically,
ergo they will never call your XCLASSed ux_t3lib_div. They call:

	t3lib_div::getUrl()

and not

	$class = t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName('t3lib_div');
	$class::getUrl();

So it is technically "static" and not extendable, ergo the final is ok
here. It doesn't even have a XCLASS statement.

Cheers,
Ernesto