[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Sep 1 08:48:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

> isn't it the wrong way if extension does cHash calculation themself?
> That's why we have an API, if extension doesn't use it, it never will be
> compatible.

It would certainly be, but that's not the case in point here. RealURL
doesn't do any cHash calculations itself. But it stores the cHash in a
DB table. So changing the size of cHashes has an impact on RealURL.
That's all.

What could be seen as wrong is that there isn't a proper API to
calculate the cHash. It relies on first calling
t3lib_div::cHashParams(), then serializing and doing the md5 hash. So
all this could be wrapped in a single API call, but that would be a
separate RFC.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter