[TYPO3-core] RFC #12391: Remove deprecated methods in t3lib_htmlmail

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Oct 30 08:27:09 CET 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>>> BTW, I was wondering that you wrote "will be removed in 4.4". Wasn't
>>> that there decision to remove
>>> stuff only after 2 versions from "now"? Or does this apply only for
>>> new deprecations (new in 4.3)?
>>>

>> this is very conservative compared to your t3lib patch :)
>>
>> Yes, the policy is mark and remove 2 versions later, means marked in
>> 4.3, removed in 4.5.
>>
>> But Noone really looks at, there is stuff already in deprecated since 3.x
>
> What I did is to search for deprecated methods. Deprecated explicitly in
> 4.3 without logging => add logging and add info that it will be
> deprecated in 4.5, deprecated in 3.8, 4.0 or 4.1, it's enough time since
> it is deprecated and I added logging + info that it will be removed in
> 4.4. That's arbitrary but as said, the +2 rules exist for ages even if
> "never" applied.

The "+2 rule" is new. Up to 4.2 stuff could be marked as deprecated, but it had no consequences.
Therefore even deprecations back from 3.6 may only be removed in 4.5.

AFAIR this is it. Your current patches may go in with the slight adjustment of turning the 4.4 into
a 4.5.

> I have 10 other patches pending on my disk but I'll wait till some
> agreement is found because creating them is time consuming but is OK
> somehow, but creating the bug tracker entry and preparing the RFC for
> the mailing list is even more time consuming. I would like an agreement
> on what to do and then propose a single RFC with multiple patches if
> it's OK.

That would be great. There's no need to write a patch for each file.

Masi