[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12396: BUG: PHP Warning produced by "t3lib_div::flushOutputBuffers"

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 29 20:03:03 CET 2009

Hi,

> Dmitry already supposed, to not start output compression in CLI mode. I
> think this idea is quite good, so we wouldn't need to call
> flushOutputBuffers().

The output buffering was added to init.php (by Dmitry, actually) to fix
a bug when trying to compress the BE. Unfortunately, init.php is called
not only during normal BE usage, but also during BE AJAX calls, by the
Install Tool and by the cli_dispatch script.

The short term solution would just be to add a test inside init.php to
avoid starting output buffering when in CLI mode.

The longer term solution is to completely refactor/clean up init.php.
Because it is called in so many contexts, it is extremely touchy to add
anything to it right now. Problems cropped up, for example, when the
cache framework initialization was added.

I have been meaning to do this cleanup for a long while now, but never
had the time...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter