[TYPO3-core] RFC #12351: Clean-up SQL parser and SQL engine

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Oct 27 09:24:07 CET 2009

Hi.

On 26.10.2009, at 17:44, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Just to add another point - why did you pick "private" instead of
>> "protected" as visibility for some methods?
>
> As already said, because I tried to restrict as much as possible
> according to what is currently needed by DBAL which is the only
> extension I know (and I'm pretty sure that ever exists) XCLASSing
> those classes.

I really disapprove of private class members, so I would suggest to
make the defined API public (of course) and as soon as the code of
those classes has been cleaned up make the remaining members protected
instead of private again. This way you can be sure to make their use
impossible now but open up extensibility again later on. Other than
that, +1 by reading.

Oh, and it's impossible to unit test private methods...

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns