[TYPO3-core] RFC #11586: Problem with fix of the SQL injection bug

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 23 11:06:31 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>
>> This is a SVN follow-up patch request.
>>
>> I cannot find this RFC in this mailing list and associated bug in
>> bugtracker has its access being denied.
>>
>> As found by Simon Browning in dev list with thread "4.3 beta 2 - problem
>> with Front end Editing". The change introduced a bug by introducing new
>> class member TSFE_EDIT defined as protected whereas a consequent bunch
>> of code in Core (including both old and new feedit) used this variable
>> as public.
>>
>> The changeset created this member which was previously implicitly defined.
>>
>> Problem: field was made protected whereas it should be made public if
>> one does not want to go through all Core to use a getter instead.
>>
>> Might apply to other branches as well (don't know, cannot access
>> bugtracker).
>
> True, this is a problem introduced by the fix. The issue in the bug
> tracker was private while developing the solution for security reasons.
> Since the patch is in and the release is made, I made the issue public,
> since there are no secrets inside.
>
> But in reality the addition of the new member variable TSFE_EDIT
> "slipped through", I haven't thought about this consequence. Please open
> a new bug report for beta2 with the real problem description. Adding a
> reference to #11586 as origin of the problem.
>
> It only affects trunk and only TemplaVoila with FE-Editing-Advanced
> because we have in
> feeditadvanced/templavoila/class.tx_templavoila_frontendedit.php:
>
> 	tx_templavoila_frontendedit extends t3lib_frontendedit
>
> which then needs access to this property.

My mistake, it also affects regular feediting, because that property is
accessed through:

	$TSFE_EDIT = $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->frontendEdit->TSFE_EDIT;

by feedit and feeditadvanced. I would add a new method to the
frontendEdit API to be able to retrieve this property instead of
accessing it directly.

Xavier, if you can, please open the new issue anyway.

Cheers,
Ernesto