[TYPO3-core] RFC #12189: Add API functions for cleaning and flushing output buffers

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Oct 22 11:43:41 CEST 2009

Am 22.10.2009, 11:29 Uhr, schrieb Martin Kutschker
<masi-no at spam-typo3.org>:

>> Solution:
>> introduce 2 new functions:
>> t3lib_div::cleanOutputBuffers() and
>> t3lib_div::flushOutputBuffers()
>
> +1 for the idea. Please enlighten me why the content-encoding header is
> set to "none" in both functions?

Because before "Content-encoding: gzip" was sent (queued to be sent?)

We have to overwrite this, because otherwise browser would try to
interpret the plain html as gzipped html.

I hope it's well tested, as I wonder a bit, how a header can be sent
*after* ob_end_flush().
I'm sure, the cleanOutputBuffers() works (as it's my code :-P), but in my
head flushOutputBuffers can't work.
(if I'm right, we should read the contents of OB, end_clean(), send header
and then output the contents..)

Hope I find the time to post-review it tonight.

Steffen