[TYPO3-core] RFC #12112: Enable resizable textareas by default

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 21 23:06:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> Problem:
>> With #11812 resizable texareas were introduced.
>> Unfortunately, they aren't enabled by default.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Enable them
>
> Makes perfectly sense to me. +1 after reading and testing.
>
> I just wonder why it wasn't done originally. Maybe an oversight? I would
> just quite like to have Steffen Kamper's opinion on this as he's the
> author of this feature. Apart from that I'm ready to commit.

i was positive on the first view. After talking to Rupi i saw the
drawback: if you have a lot of filled textareas, they are all of height
600 which let you scroll the screen. This isn't nice for usability.

So i'm for a comprmise to set default height to 300, that is near by the
default without the feature enabled. So the features are enabled and
anybody is free to higher the value.

vg Steffen