[TYPO3-core] RFC #12177: Bug: Scheduler: New single task with a creation date in the past will never run

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Oct 20 21:40:27 CEST 2009

Hi Francois,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12177
>
> Branches:
> Trunk
>
> Problem:
> If a new single-running task is created with default values in the BE
> module, it has a start date in the past (even if only by a few seconds).
> As such it will be disabled right away, as the Scheduler considers that
> it has run already. This is due to how next execution times are
> calculated for recurring tasks. An exception must be made for
> single-running tasks.
>
> Solution:
> Introduce a flag that "protects" a new single-running task until its
> first run.
>
> Notes:
> 1) The original patch was provided by Ingmar
> 2) The proposed patch includes some small CGL cleanups to match cases of
> all boolean values in the tx_scheduler_Execution class (a new boolean
> value is introduced with this patch and it looked weird with a different
> case than all others)

+1 by reading

Since you are more into the scheduler than anyone else, I'd say: "Go
ahead and commit it to SVN Trunk". Furthermore I'd like to define a
commit policy that allows you to hand in patches for the scheduler as
FYI48 - for example we have a similar policy for t3editor, too.

You know best whether it's worth to use a FYI48 or a regular RFC if you
are in doubt about changes.

olly
--
Oliver Hader