[TYPO3-core] RFC #12182: Add some flash messages to EM (part 2)

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Oct 16 13:45:36 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> Problem:
> Ugly error messages in EM
>
> Solution:
> Flash messages - at least for all errors I could find in importExtFromRep()

I took a look at your patch and I must say that I don't know what to do
with it. Strictly speaking it looks correct and the intent is good (i.e.
using proper flash messages for all error messages), but the redundancy
of calls like:

$flashMessage = t3lib_div::makeInstance(
$flashMessage->render();

just hurts my eyes (not your fault, that piece of code hurts my eyes
even before your patch). Actually method
SC_mod_tools_em_index::importExtFromRep() needs a serious refactoring to
get rid of all those early return statements. This is certainly
feasible, but I don't know if it's a good idea at this point of 4.3
development.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter