[TYPO3-core] RFC #12236: Password-field in "User Settings" is prefilled, which does not make sense

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Oct 15 13:11:10 CEST 2009

Am 15.10.2009, 12:54 Uhr, schrieb Marc Wöhlken <woehlken at quadracom.de>:

> A way to stay standard compliant (in terms of page validation) would be
> to set autocomplete="off" via javascript after the page has benn loaded.

I also thought about this this while writing the patch. But IMHO there are
bigger XHTML violations in backend than an unknown attribute.

Most browsers know the attribute, others ignore it. They are not disturbed
like nested forms or inputs outside of forms (e.g. #12200).
None of our clients will complain that the setup module is not 100% valid
;-)

Steffen