[TYPO3-core] RFC #11694: Table sys_refindex / KEY lookup_string not UTF-8 compatible

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Oct 14 18:38:16 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> well, this is no quick shoot :)
> For sure we analyzed all places in core where it's used, and ref_table
> is in 2nd key together with ref_uid, which is the most used case. See my
> in core, if you click on info of an attached file (eg picture in tsxt/pic)

there are more places where this index is used, e.g. in file module
fileList->makeRef(). But i'm shure that not using the ref_table in the
key does not decrease performance.

the index "lookup_string" is only used in queries like this:

SELECT * FROM sys_refindex
WHERE ref_table='_FILE' AND ref_string='fileadmin/images/header.png' AND
deleted=0

or

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys_refindex
WHERE ref_table='_FILE' AND ref_string='fileadmin/files/rss.xsl' AND
deleted=0

I tested these queries before and after the patch and mysql explain says
that in both cases the amount of selected rows is 1. And so I say that
the performance is the same as before.

greets
rupert