[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #10050: Traversing back page records used in CONTENT object does not work on root page

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Oct 12 23:52:32 CEST 2009

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> FYI: Committed to SVN Trunk (rev. 5389)

Hello Oliver!

I just talked to Steffen, and we noticed a problem with this patch. It
break menus with ".special = updated". See bug #12169:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12169

As I wrote in my posting in May, the best way to achieve what you want
would be to use the "levelmedia" option of getData:

So instead of your proposed:
---------------------------------
10 = CONTENT
10 {
  table = pages
  select.where = media!=''
  slide = -1
}
---------------------------------

You should use:
---------------------------------
10 = TEXT
10 {
	data = levelmedia : -1, slide
}
---------------------------------

Then this object will return the first "media" field in the rootline
which contains a value.

I gave my "+++1" because I required this feature to select
"static_countries" or other records from the root-page whose UID is "0".
But at the time this patch was made, Masi already commited a patch to
let this (selecting static_ tables) work:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7812

So the patch you made (and I gave "+++1") is now obsolete, and rather
breaks ".special = updated".

So we should revert the page. You can achive your requirements using
"levelmedia" as described above.

In fact allowing to select "any" record from "pid=0" brings up some
security issues - as it would allow to list BE_USER in the FE, just by
setting appropriate TypoScript code!

We can talk on Skype tomorrow afternoon together with Steffen to solve
this issue.

greets,
Bernhard