[TYPO3-core] RFC #12186: EM sends Location-header without exit

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 12 11:00:50 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> It is wrong / bad, but it happens in the FE for example. TYPO3 core
>> stores the user session at the end of your process. If you just do an
>> "exit()" in one of your plugins, you might disrupt the storage of any
>> new information you or other plugins added in your session: you have to
>> tell TYPO3 to store the session for you before doing the exit().
>>
> can you point me to the place? in fe i only found redirects with exit,
> see #12201 v2

I mean in your own extensions. Unaware extension programmers will just
do an exit() after that and are not aware of this side-effects.
Especially if you want to store something in the session before
redirecting (e.g. when you use the redirect after POST paradigm) it can
happen a lot.

>> But I guess in the BE there are no such side effects, as only one module
>> runs at a time. Still attention should be taken when doing an early
>> exit(). This was just a reminder about it, because I guess some people
>> are not aware of that. Because of that I think it is not a no-brainer.

> yes, sure. thanks for the comments.

Cheers,
Ernesto