[TYPO3-core] RFC #12110: Show status of flag doNotLoadInFE in extension details

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 9 12:39:34 CEST 2009

Steffen Gebert schrieb:

>> +1 by reading and tesing, too.
>> but I'd like to have an explanation for this parameter next to the
>> value. The parameter is new and so it should be described a bit.
>>
>> I added the description to the value, but I'm a bit unsure if this is
>> understandable.
>
> I'm a bit unhappy with this change. IMHO it looks ugly (sorry)!
>
> What's with $this->helpCol() calls? Do they work? Never saw any "help" :(
> I'd prefer CSH style also for EM.
>
> At least there are several fields, which need a explanation (I really
> had to search a long time, what "Type" means!)

I also didn't like the "embedded" text, because it doesn't look like the
other settings.

Attached a patch that makes use of the CSH in the helpCol. Steffen, if
you don't see that, it is because you haven't enabled "Context Sensitive
Help mode" in the User settings. See screenshot.

But I agree that it is ugly to have that in the "last columns" as it is
really difficult to see which "?" refers to which item (too far away).
Having that in the first or between the first and second column would be
better in my opinion.

Cheers,
Ernesto