[TYPO3-core] RFC #12130: Improve performance of flashmessages

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Tue Oct 6 19:53:50 CEST 2009

hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> It is cool that you are so fast in adapting to our wishes, but in this
> case (and in others) it might be helpful to first discuss the issue a
> bit to see what the general consense is,....

a patch says more than 1000 words ;-)
for me it's easier to write patches instead of epic long mails
explaining what I want.

> So assuming that we need these flash messages (at least some) to survive
> one request and assuming PHP session might not be initialized, I still
> think it would be best to:

ok ernesto, you convinced me. $_SESSION can fail.

So let's go back to storing the messageQueue in an object.
This - as already mentioned - will not survive a redirect and it's not
possible to show messages from one process (eg. an ajax call) in another
independent process (eg. the list module).

But I currently don't see where this could be needed. Can someone give
me an example where this could happen?
How would such an ajax flashmessage be displayed? where?

greets
rupert