[TYPO3-core] RFC #12130: Improve performance of flashmessages

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Tue Oct 6 17:31:42 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> So I suggest to keep it like it, don't use $_SESSION and then open
> another issue where the $BE_USER session handling can be configured to
> use PHP's session instead of our own be_session table in DB.

well, i have a bit the feeling that we're turning in circles here...
I made a patch where I stored the messages in $GLOBAL[T3_VAR]
not good said masi.
I made a new patch where the flashmessages are stored in a static var in
an object (my personal favorite). not good said Francois and Xavier.
I made a new patch to store the stuff in $_SESSION...
not good says ernesto.
Do you know the great "Little Britain" running gag called "Computer says
nooo"? ;-)

btw: $_SESSION['login_challenge'] is used quite often in the core, so it
seems that we rely on that it is there.

greets
rupert