[TYPO3-core] RFC #12128: Performance improvement in t3lib_div::get_dirs()

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 5 19:34:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

why was the warning output being ignored before? The current API simply
outputs nothing on "incorrect" $path parameter. With you change,
warnings might show up where they haven't been before.

So I guess this is not really a solution we can add while we have to
maintain some backwards compatibility. There has to at least be a check
if the $path being scanned is really present and a valid directory
before starting. This refers to the first @dir.

The @ before is_dir is of most probably not required, because is_dir
should never spit out a warning, it just returns TRUE or FALSE. So this
can be safely be removed. Although there have been reports on it giving
out warnings when provided with a huge .iso or .zip file as an argument,
but these are quite old and I couldn't reproduce.

Cheers,
Ernesto