[TYPO3-core] RFC #12094: Bug: stdWrap function fullQuoteStr

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 1 19:14:25 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> in discussion before i suggested an automatic fullQuoteStr for the
> select stdWrap, there is no need imho to configure that.

fullQuoteStr should only quote the data part of the select query. How
should stdWrap where this is located? Should it parse the SQL to find
out what to quote? What if the value is already quoted?

Example:

   andWhere = field='abc' AND field2=123

how should stdWrap help us here? I think this is the job for the one
that writes the SQL, to locate the places where it needs to be quoted,
and instead of doing it himself, calling the proposed method.

> Also tablename is irrelevant as fullQuoteStr don't use it.

It is not used by mysql, but DBAL requires it, as every table can be on
a different engine with different quoting functions. So this is ok.

> So i'm -1 for the solution of the patch, sry.

Maybe you could reconsider after reading this arguments? Or maybe you
should explain the "automatic fullQuoteStr" here? I haven't followed the
discussion.

Cheers,
Ernesto