[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #11903: Use separate tables for tags in the caching framework

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Oct 1 10:14:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> What do you think?

It seems OK by reading. I fear I cannot find time to _test_ it until
tomorrow afternoon.

> With a patch it would bee the following one...
> I'd be happy if some could test this also with DBAL. Thanks in advance!

I was not sure the inner SELECT could be parsed. And as I cannot find
time to test it, I made a read review.

class.t3lib_sqlparser.php:941-944: IN operator support calls
$this->getValue to parse the inner SELECT. However comments for method
getValue (line 1079) clearly states that only values not subqueries are
supported. Meaning I already can state a -1 by mentally testing.

Subquery support is a real must to let DBAL have a chance to gain power.
The problem is that the SQL parser is located in Core although AFAIK
only DBAL needs it (the SQL parser for managing tables - CREATE, DROP,
ALTER, ...) is needed in Core of course but the _query_ parser isn't, is
it?)

You already externalized DBAL. Now what about moving those query parser
parts to DBAL? I could already copy them in XCLASS classes from DBAL,
meaning they wouldn't be used anymore anyway but it'd mean leaving
unused code in Core. If it were located in DBAL, a quicker bug fixing
cycle could be made as RFC #12071 is just another example of a patch
that has to go into Core but has problem being reviewed...

To make a long story short, I may provide a patch to support subqueries
in IN until tomorrow night I guess. In all cases it should be made but
either for Core if query parser stays in Core or for DBAL only if it is
moved.

As already said, you should be able to see whether your query is DBAL
compatible even without having a non-MySQL database by simply activating
DBAL for your test website, it should force SQL Core-integrated parser
to be used instead of simply passing queries to DBMS.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-mvc_extjs