[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Oct 1 00:16:34 CEST 2009

Peter Niederlag wrote:

Hi Peter!

> *Every* extension could benefit from being able to register a custom
> autoloader in a smart way.

Right. At least it is possible now aswell, but it will slow down the
TYPO3 autoloader.

> Building an ext_autoload.php IMO is just a
> workaround/additional approach to work with legacy code.

I agree to you.

> To me it seems this "radical change" would make pretty much sense.

Yes.. Registering the autoloader as soon as possible seems logical.
Actually it requires just a really small change - but it might have side
effects.. And I currently don't have the time to evaluate this.

All the best,
Bastian