[TYPO3-core] RFC #12498: t3lib_div::flushOutputBuffers can't work

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Nov 27 13:41:16 CET 2009

Hi,

> Did you mix it up with ob_end_clean()?

I did. Sorry.

> The problem with the current solution, which applies to phpunit and
> applied also to EM->Translation handling till some weeks ago is that
> there are two levels of output buffering, when compressionLevel is set.
> When you only flush one level, you loose everything.

Ah, now I understand. ob_end_flush() works only a single level. So the
code we had until now was not correct.

> As I just found out, how to get a list of headers (headers_list() ;)),
> attached a patch, which first checks weather a Content-Encoding header
> was set.

Seems much better to me.

> Not a guru, but it took me two days to understand all problems coming
> with ob_gzhandler() and the single ob_end_flush() calls.

I'm sure it was a long and not funny process...

+1 after reading and testing (by fetching translations from TER, running
phpunit's BE module, checking one of my own extension's AJAX response
and running a CLI script, with and without compression).

Olly, this corrects a bug in the current version of 4.3. It does require
an additional +1, but also your decision at to whether it goes in or not.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter