[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12652: Value Preview of empty timestamp shows "01-01-70 (-40 yrs) "

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Nov 24 12:28:44 CET 2009

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> +1 for Davids idea. Let's make it "the right way".

In theory yes, but beware TYPO3 often casts strings to integers (ie treats '' as 0 - and converts it
usually too [!]). So a NULL value from the DB won't survive long in the internals of TYPO3.

I stumbled over this when I was trying to fix some issues. In the end I gave up because it wasn't so
easy to teach TYPO3 the difference between '' and 0.

Masi