[TYPO3-core] RFC: 12710 - Bugfix - "Paste after" function destroys l10n-overlay relations...

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Nov 24 10:45:11 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

I just had a deeper look and my last patch was a bit too error-prone
because it changes code which might make sense in some cases.

I've created a new patch which changes only code we introduced with 4.3
and which still works fine (but still leaves the copied l10n-records
with wrong sorting-values)

In my opinion the sys_language_uid should not be changed during the
"copy after"-actions (thus it should not be part of the
"copyAfterDuplFields" configuration in TCA). But that's a too big change
right before the release of 4.3. Therefore I suggest the attached patch
in the first place just to make sure that no data gets lost/messed up
during these operations.

After 4.3 was release we should have a deeper look into how l10n-records
are handled and whether certain operations should always be denied for
them (copying a single l10n-records to some completely different records
doesn't really make sense to me).

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--