[TYPO3-core] RFC: 12710 - Bugfix - "Paste after" function destroys l10n-overlay relations...

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Mon Nov 23 23:39:53 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Tolleiv,
>
> thx for the patch. Something isn't correct also after this patch. You
> see in attached pics.
> First i copy first parent record, then i paste after last translation on
> page. The copied translation has ralation to the parent record of the
> "paste after" record
>
> vg Steffen

Hi Steffen,

I'm pretty sure that this didn't mess up the relation.

In your screen the l10n-record is displayed "before" his parent record
because it was the last record, which was pasted after the "(copy 1)"
record (therefore it is pushed between "(copy 1)" and "(copy 3)").

That happens because the l10n-record is processed after his
parent-record and it has still the "paste after record (copy 1)"
command. Technically this is irrelevant because the global sorting-order
of l10n-records is not relevant at all. It's just the regular
list-module (without l10n-mode) which makes everything confusing.

Switching to the l10n-mode should show the right results (regular view
indents the l10n-records but doesn't show the relations anyhow).

Imho your concern is still right - the sorting order should be corrected
but that should be handled within another issue (with lower prio, after
4.3 was released).

This issue should have high priority because it results in data loss
during copy-actions.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--