[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12652: Value Preview of empty timestamp shows "01-01-70 (-40 yrs) "

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Nov 23 18:01:31 CET 2009

Hi,

> Yes, zero as real value isn't possible like that.
> So a whole day is missing and in a historical platform it's looking very
> fine jumping from decembre the 31th to january the 2nd.
> Even if the content is shown up, sorting by or displaying of the date
> isn't as easy as it should.
>
> Problem is the wrong zero inside the database and not php or TYPO3.
> Why you don't change just the sql-files defining the date-fields?
> It's only a wrong field-definition and you want to change the calendary?
>
> Sorry, that's not logical at all and you're producing headaches for a
> lot of users.

BTW:

using 0-Value of timestamp for sorting ever has been impossible in TYPO3
because the fields ever have been 0. So it was impossible to decide
between the data where it was correct and where it was an auto-value.

I'm just for bug-fixing instead of bug-changing.

So the default value of those fields should be NULL instead of '0', that
should clear all the problems with the date in future. Old databases
have to be updated but afterwards 0 could be used without any problems.

Best Regards
David