[TYPO3-core] FYI48: #12544: Clean markup in Extension Manager

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Nov 23 16:33:46 CET 2009

On 11/11/09 12:00 PM, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 on reading and testing.
> As i dropped #12545, let's do the 2 missing HSCs too, done in attached
> patch.
>
> btw - didn't you noticed that i delivered a v2 with HSC instead & ?
>
> The closing/opening forms was a fix from me some time ago which solved
> the nested forms problem. Reason why different forms are used is the
> different actions they need. The concept of template doesn't fit with
> this requirement.
>
> See also page module, where the search form is used with different
> action, also nested. I wasn't able to close the form proper there
> without destroying the containers. Maybe we must stick to manual
> form-open instead of this->doc->form
>
> vg Steffen

+1 on testing in Firefox and validating pages as I went along.  There
are still a few validation issues here and there but its far better than
before and everything continued to work properly while testing so it
should be fine to fix other issues in a followup or future RFC.

* In the list views (ie.  Install extensions) an extension name may
contain HTML entities and the cropping of the extension name can catch
it in the middle of an entity. This occurred for me with paymentlib_offline.

* In the "Check for extension updates" view, the upload comments may
contain special characters and they are not currently converted to entities.

* When installing an extension, the result Flash message closes an
unopened form tag. (This was the only error...the other issues here were
just warnings)

* In the "Information" view, extension constants have invalid IDs since
they contain brackets. I think this is actually constant editor code and
not EM specific.

Thanks,
Jeff