[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12652: Value Preview of empty timestamp shows "01-01-70 (-40 yrs) "

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Nov 23 15:49:44 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

the idea is not bad, I was angry about 1.1.1970 already too.
Nevertheless the value zero should be usable as excactly the datetime it
was created for. Datetimes for whole days are created with
midnight-values so it's not unusual to have that *damned* zero.
I propose to change the field-configuration in mySql to have no
zero-value as default inside.
Else a timehole is produced where one second is left and handling only
with days one missing second snatches a whole day ;-)

Best Regards
David