[TYPO3-core] RFC #12512: Cannot move multiple records with clipboard

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 20 16:47:30 CET 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:

> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix, nobrainer
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12512
>
> Branch: Trunk (at least) but I guess this bug is present in all branches
>
> Problem:
> When trying to move multiple records (e.g. news categories, but NOT
> pages) for a sysfolder/page to another one using clipboard #1-#3, the
> paste operation dies with a parsing error in the where clause.
>
> Only first record is actually moved, the others stay in the original
> sysfolder.
>
> When moving a single record with clipboard #1-#3, the error occurs but
> record is moved anyway.

I cannot reproduce that. I could move multiple records (tt_content)
using clipboards #1-#3 with no problem. This has always worked. Is it
only bogus with translations, as your patch might suggest?

> Analyze of the bug:
> (...)

> I don't know how this patch will be reviewed as it is a bit tricky to
> reproduce without a DBAL environment that does not run on MySQL.

It would not be tricky to review if the bug could be reproduced (even if
not in DBAL). I could move multiple records, so this is probably not the
way to reproduce the problem.

> However, even with MySQL, you may add debugging code into
> t3lib_BEfunc::getRecordsByField, filtering by $theTable and showing
> that, e.g., when moving tt_news categories (that is, records from table
> 'tt_news_cat'), the generated query is invalid when you try to move one
> or more records using clipboard #1-#3. I least, it seems easy for
> anybody to give a +1 by reading and "thinking" :-) Hopefully, this will
> be sufficient...

Still it would be nice to know what the problem exactly is. If the
records are being moved despite the wrong query, what does that query
do?? Where can I see the negative impact of it?

Cheers,
Ernesto